Anise seeds are used as a tempering ingredient in the dishes. It belongs to the same family such as carrots, cumin seeds, and cilantro. It is used in herbal medicines as a flavoring agent. It is highly used and recommended to use in baked goods because it avoids fungus and molds. It is very sweet, smooth fragrance as well as odor.
Uses & Benefits:-
– These seeds are used in baked food also.
– Extraction of these seeds is used for therapeutic uses.
– These are used in various dishes to give flavor to them.
– It is also used in wide range of liqueurs in order to flavor them.
– The extraction of these seeds is used in the foods of licorice as a flavouring agent.
Constituents of Anise Seeds:-
Anise seeds constituents are trans-anethole, estragole, anise aldehyde, anise alcohol, p-methoxy-acetophenone, pinene, limonene, and gamma.
Anise Seeds Blends:-
Anise seeds can be blended with citrus oils, seed oils, and other spices.