The botanical name of fenugreek seed is Trigonella foenum-graecum. It is an annual plant and belongs to Fabaceae family. It is a common ingredient in dishes from the Indian subcontinent. Fenugreek seeds also known as methi in Hindi. The wonder plant of fenugreek has been known for its medicinal uses for ages. In many countries, its leaves and seeds have been used treating a number of ailments. It is used in cooking to give special flavour to the food or dish.
Uses & Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds:-
- It helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Fenugreek seeds also help to the treating of kidney ailments
- Fenugreek seeds help to the treatment of hernia and bronchitis.
- It is beneficial for the treatment of cures boils and mouth ulcers.
- It helps to treat skin problems like blackheads, wrinkles, pimples, etc.
- It helps to reduce cholesterol level and low density of lipoprotein (LDL).
Composition of Fenugreek Seeds:-
The leaves of fenugreek seeds contain carbohydrates, proteins, fat, calcium, phosphorus, and iron.
Fenugreek Seeds Blends:-
Both leaves and seeds of fenugreek blend with all other ingredients and will not have any altercations.